Types of Documents Needed
Normally, when an individual files a Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy, an attorney will require the following documents:
- Six months of pay advices (pay stubs);
- Up to four years of tax returns. An IRS transcript can be obtained in lieu of the actual return by clicking here;
- Copies of insurance policies for all motor vehicles and real estate;
- Credit reports. You can obtain a free copy from www.annualcreditreport.com;
- Copies of any other court documents, bills, or collection letters from creditors;
- Depending on the case, up to six months to one year of bank account records.